If you want to do a little bit of everything, here you have a super-effective full-body dumbbell workout. You only need half an hour and a pair of dumbbells to get it done!
Each circuit will have 6 exercises. In between exercises, we are not going to rest. In between sets, we will rest 60 seconds. We will do 3 sets per circuit and 12 repetitions per exercise. Are you ready? Let's go! I swear you'll feel the burn!
1. Dumbbell Squat to Press
How to do a dumbbell squat to press:
- Step 1: Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, holding a pair of dumbbells next to your shoulders.
- Step 2: Squat down until your upper legs are parallel to the floor. Your back is straight throughout the whole movement.
- Step 3: Push your body up from the squat as you press the dumbbells overhead. Hold briefly and return to the starting position.
2. Renegade Row to Frogger
How to do a renegade row to frogger:
- Step 1: Place two dumbbells on the floor and get into a high plank, shoulders directly over wrists. Spread your legs slightly wider than hip-width apart to keep your hips from rocking side to side
- Step 2: Push down through one dumbbell on the floor and row the other one upwards, retracting your shoulder blades and bending the elbow by your side. Repeat the same movement on the other side.
- Step 3: From the high plank position, jump your feet to the outside of your hands. Coming into a deep squat, take your hands off the dumbbells and bring them up to chest height. Repeat.
3. Reverse Lunge and Curl
How to do a reverse lunge and curl:
- Step 1: Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart, holding dumbbells at your sides
- Step 2: Step back with one foot, and bend both knees until your front knee is bent at least 90°. Bend and lower the back knee to where it is just above the ground. At the same time, curl the dumbbells to your chest. Return to starting position.
4. High-Pull Lateral Lunge
How to do a high-pull lateral lunge:
- Step 1: Stand straight with your feet hip-distance apart holding dumbbells in front of your thighs, palms facing backwards. Hinge forward at the hips with a straight back
- Step 2: Pull the dumbbells up to shoulder-height, bending your elbows out to the sides. Brace your core and keep your back flat.
- Step 3: Then, step one leg out to the side, coming into a lateral lunge. Push your hips back and butt down. Your thigh should be parallel to the floor. At the same time, bring the weights down by your feet. Return to starting position, bringing your foot to hip-distance.
5. Tricep Extension Swing
How to do a tricep extension swing:
- Step 1: Stand straight with your feet hip-distance apart holding one dumbbell, with a hand on each end.
- Step 2: Hinge forward and bring the dumbbell between your legs. As you stand back up, swing the dumbbell forward until it's overhead.
- Step 3: While keeping your upper arms stationary, lower the dumbbell until it is behind your head. Your elbows should frame your face
- Step 4: Extend your arms up slowly and swing the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
6. One Minute Forearm Plank
How to do a one-minute forearm plank:
- Step 1: Place your forearms flat on the floor with elbows aligned directly under your shoulders. Arms parallel to your body at about shoulder width.
- Step 2: Raise yourself so that only your toes and forearms are on the floor. Engage your core and keep your body in a straight line from head to feet.
If you enjoyed this workout, leave a comment below and let us know ... Don't forget to share this workout with a friend to motivate each other. Let's keep in touch sisters, and see you on another blog!